View Single Post
wrestlingmom
wrestlingmom has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default Nov 03, 2018 at 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
That sounds like a good plan. Do you think there’s any chance of making progress with your husband? Is he an addict? Is he abusive?

I have almost no hope that he will change. He does not comply with any advice that his therapists give him and he argues with the doctors about any medication they try to prescribe. After begging to get into an OCD day program, he went a week then was kicked out for excessively drinking knowing there was a strict rule against it. He begged them for a second chance, they accepted him back and he was again discharged yesterday for failing to show up 3 days in a row. And he just complains that no one has any mercy for his struggles.

While he is not physically abusive, he is extremely difficult to get along with. He has not worked in three years, so all the income is from me. Yet, if I go grocery shopping and buy something that does not meet his standards, he will throw it in the trash. He has never been able to hold down a job, usually getting fired because he does not get along with people. And after years of treating his friends terribly, they stay clear of him. He has gotten thrown out of our son's athletic events for inappropriate yelling and even got banned from a returning to a hockey rink.

It's a rotten situation really and I only tolerate it because the reality that he will end up on the street is a picture I don't want my son to have to cope with. My armchair diagnosis is that he has a borderline and/or narcissistic personality disorder and needs a mood stabilizer, but he doesn't believe any of that.
wrestlingmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote