View Single Post
amandalouise
Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 04, 2018 at 10:32 AM

yea I agree with the others who talked about maybe limiting your alcohol.

I have been on prilosec (your word omeprizole) for a very long time. it does not cause a person to black out.

this medication is a special medication that works in the stomach. in laymans terms the human stomach has these glands, some people call them acid producing pumps. the prilosec just makes it so that the stomach does not make the acid to digest food and drinks. with these glands/ acid producing pumps turned off nothing happens. the food and drinks pass through the stomach to the next part of the digestive process.

when I go out with my wife or friends and drink while taking this medication all that happens is the alcohol passes through my body faster. I end up visiting the restroom more frequently.

when I have blacked out it wasnt the medications it was the alcohol as in drinking to much alcohol in a short amount of time.

if you are having alcohol related blackouts, (black outs while on meds and consuming alcohol, or consuming alcohol regardless of any meds or no meds) there is treatment for it.....its called limit alcohol intake. instead of instead of having 6-8 beers have one, instead of mixing drinks stick with only one of one. there is also medication that makes drinking taste bad that can help those who have a problem with black outs to stop drinking entirely.

since you and your body cant mix omeprazole and alcohol, my suggestions is be very very careful. since usually this doesnt cause black outs and it does for you, that points to you may be the kind of person that cant take any meds and drink alcohol with out risking an alcohol black out. you might have to consider whether to stop drinking permanently or until you no longer need medications of any kind.

here is an informative link about omeprazole Omeprazole Oral : Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD
amandalouise is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky