Elder

Member Since Jul 2017
9,930 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 04, 2018 at 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seal View Post
As a current college student myself, I can attest to the fact that you are certainly not the only one struggling to manage. A lot of young kids nowadays feel the pressure to 'do it all' while making it look easy which is often not the case so try not to be deceived/be too hard on yourself. I also struggle with low self-esteem, which can be tough to manage when you're constantly being tested/graded/pushed, it helps for me to focus on the small victories and remind myself that the only way to improve is to fail a few times.

Your age provides you with a unique perspective and different experiences that the younger students do not have, an advantage that I am sure will show through positively in your work if you embrace and allow it. It was a big and very important step when I realized that comparing my accomplishments and goals with those of the students around me was only discouraging me, but rather embracing my background and how far I have come makes me feel a bigger sense of accomplishment and the sense that all of my hard work is indeed paying off.

Best of luck
Good for you, Seal!! Only compare yourself to you! You see your improvements first hand. Congratulations!!

"Love you.
Take care of you.

Be true to you.

You are the only you,
you will ever know the best.

Reach for YOUR stars.

You can reach them better
than anyone else ever can."

Landon Clary Eason
Grateful Sobriety Fangirl Since 11-16-2007

Happy Sober Crafter
happysobercrafter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote