View Single Post
Anonymous55989
Anonymous55989 has no updates. Edit

Default Nov 06, 2018 at 04:01 PM

If I could leave the present for a few minutes, then I could probably pick out a few favorite memories from my past. Right now though, all seems tainted by how I'm currently feeling, including old memories.

If I could go backwards in time though, I would go back to my honeymoon with my wife and more completely enjoy our time together in such a beautiful place, before living with the weight and dark memories of all the bad choices I made after the honeymoon. If I could go back there, then I would see all the good stuff from my past and all the good stuff I was planning for us in the future. But, I'm not there anymore, and I missed out on so much between then and now - all that could have been good.

Nice memories are "sometimes" wonderful things to dwell upon when we are older, but it would be helpful if we could somehow see all the possible effects and consequences of choices we haven't made yet. Kind of like future memories of things that have not occurred yet, but that could be our memories in the future, depending upon our choices. If that were possible, then maybe I would have been more careful about my future and more fully embraced all the blessings that could have unfolded in our life together, and maybe I would still have a family. Instead, here I am, in the middle of my fifties, with nothing much that is worth remembering, except what I missed out on. Most of my old memories are ruined by all that came later on.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote