View Single Post
Whoaminoone

Member Since Nov 2013
Default Nov 06, 2018 at 04:55 PM

I have a dx of agoraphobia. I also have “resting ****** face”, which basically means people interpret my natural facial expression as upset or angry 99.999% of the time, regardless of how I’m actually feeling 😂 When I go to public places and try to speak to people, I panic. Physically, my heart feels like it’s going to pound out of my chest, I shake, I can hear the pulse in my ears (which frowns out surrounding sounds, and I have to concentrate on controlling my breathing so as not to hyperventilate. When I manage to speak at these tones, I tend to stutter and my voice is apparently very loud and abrasive— people accuse me of “yelling”, being argumentative, or “having an attitude problem. None of which is true! I’m just terrified and trying to interact without the humiliation of face planting by passing out 🤣 The question I’m trying to get to is: does anyone have any tips, tricks, or advice on how to make others understand I’m honestly NOT just a horrible ****** with a bad attitude that’s yelling? Maybe advice on how to help others understand these things (expression; loud voice) are effects of my anxiety disorder?
Whoaminoone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous40127, AzulOscuro, MickeyCheeky, Sunflower123