View Single Post
taraconnor777

Member Since Oct 2018
1 hugs
given
Unhappy Nov 08, 2018 at 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptangptang View Post
Hi. I see you are in Tokyo. Loneliness is really a world wide epidemic. I get the impression that japan has quite a different culture ( and to us maybe a bit strange) to the us and the uk, but i guess the same applies. Join clubs , when you are out talk to people, join common interest groups, exercise with people. Rather than trying too hard to find a friend, feel good about yourself first, be positive, ditch negative people. Positive, friendly, open ( not narcissistic or egocentric) people attract people, negative people repel people or attract like minded people who find comfort in misery. Just my thoughts. Good luck.
iT IS a world wide problem??with the NET???WHAT A JOKE!!"COMMUNICATION FOR computer experts who don't like real people."

one of the things is,if you have "mental or emotional problems" most people don't want to know you.I tried for years to fit into Eugene Oregon,when i came3 back.(i was a native.)I may as well be on the moon.when you are a senior i notice everyone sticks to their old friends,desperately, and new "different"(no hubby, no kids, no lots of money,cuz you are alone; on social security)Disabled people don't stick together, i found that out.

strangely, there is now NO GROUP IN EUGENE for people with Depression ect other stuff, to go to.They did away with any they had.Lane County mental health is VERY RESTRICTED.--i can't get in

.I tried to get into a senior discussion group, it had ten members.TEN MEMBERS??WOW I'd have to yell to be heard!!I gave up,did not go, too big..I now have no relatives,they all hate my family,and my sister never comes here

.You know FAMILY for depressed people is like going back to the dog that bit you,and asking him for medical help with the BITE.YEAH.We seniors and depressed people get very isolated, they don't want us for friends.even other disabled people were not friendly. oww!!

Don't go to a bar,then you have different problems--worse.yeah,i tried joining groups for years, what a failure.I gave up on the local synagouge i could not stand how liberal they were!!AND the place is HUGE,its a little like going to a bar,with religion."Super liberal!!"no natives go there, we aren't rich enough.

(I think a lot of depressed people are not RICH ENOUGH for the present society of the USA.I don't like snotty people in Eugene--what phonies!!Like going to a cocktail party for icebergs.Yeah, we on soc. sec. are too poor for this town any more.I'm stuck here,so i stopped going EVERYWHERE, it did not work.Politics is awful here,people live to hate and fight over it.--that describes Eugene Oregon.(very isolated.)
taraconnor777 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote