View Single Post
WishfulThinker66
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2018
117 hugs
given
Default Nov 09, 2018 at 09:13 AM

As people have mentioned, outside activities will promote social interaction. I point out too that they are a healthy distraction in our lives. In addition to classes of various sorts, I suggest volunteering. I have done a great deal of this. It provided me an outlet, a way to socialize, and that all important distraction to the loneliness. The other great thing about volunteering is that you are not as invested in the 'work' as you would be in a job. After all, as you are not getting paid, the need to perform at a high level just isn't there. You have a freedom of sorts you don't have with employment. consequently it is a more relaxing environment. I did so regularly with the museum in my former community. I was able to choose something of my own tastes and interests and help out accordingly. As I am now working I don't have the time to commit to an ongoing commitment but I still offer assistance to various organisations for events and fundraising campaigns. Note too that one has a sense of gratification in contributing time to something in addition to battling the loneliness.

Good luck in whatever endeavour you choose.
WishfulThinker66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, qwerty68