View Single Post
greentires4me
Magnate

greentires4me today is my sobriety birthday!!

10 yr Member
401 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 09, 2018 at 10:29 AM

bizi, we are all going to have challenges in life its how we deal with them is what counts. Some things will be easier then others, while the others will not be. Its what we choose to replace something with. I have an addictive personality so it was not only hard to quit doing something that i did consecutively for 18 years of my life. But changing the behaviour was something truly the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I had to stop going to the liqour store for other people and turning down invites to the bar, because it was a major trigger for me. I also stopped hanging out with people who drank all the time like everyday. Surround myself with people who didn't consume it at all for the first couple years.

Now i can say i can be in room full of drinkers and not have a craving to do it at all. It doesn't mean the want to drink isn't there because it is. I had the want to drink just the other day but thats because it was a really stressful day. Its because its an old coping technique i had but doesn't mean it was a healthy one for me.

Hugs from:
bizi, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
bizi, MickeyCheeky