View Single Post
CrT0811

CrT0811 has no updates.

5 yr Member
49 hugs
given
Default Nov 10, 2018 at 04:28 PM

Awesome that you are in good shape. I some how managed twelve years active duty Army as a research microbiology tech but despite the rather cushy digs and climate controlled base camps, there was still a lot of bodily punishment thru the years so I’m sure these contributed to my joint issues. I’ve been better off than my slightly older sister who was in for twenty-one years and is on her way to becoming a cyborg with metal pieces and parts replacements.

I probably shouldn’t complain as my husband and I are in better shape than most but this cycle flipping gaining speed has me flummoxed. In the past, I would go about one or two years between major, tear it all down, manic events. Now, the meds keep the highs tempered and the lows less dark but I’d like to get off the coaster every now and then and just maintain without a giant pill box to go with it. I am incredibly grateful I don’t yet need any antipsychotics or antidepressants (once I get this Tramadol bodily dependency finished anyway). I was told when the doc put me on it that it had SSRI chemicals in the mix but in the past I’ve been on several SSRIs and MOAIs and NEVER had the issues I’m having with this crap when I tapered off them. I may find a mountain top to shout from on the evils of this stuff. I’ve done cold turkey stops from cocaine, alcohol and methadone in my sordid history that did not bother me as much as this has. I’m a LOT older though but never once abused the dosing or even took a maximum recommended dose either. Crazy.

Anyway, I hope your good health carries you onward. I’ll go back in my corner and mumble about the lack of judgement my twenty - forty year old self had on being kind to the body I now have to wrestle with.
CrT0811 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Skeezyks