View Single Post
Mangojuice411

Member Since Nov 2018
2 hugs
given
Frown Nov 11, 2018 at 02:03 PM

My dad has had chronic tinnitus for the past 16 years. He has tried everything and been to every doctor with no success or relief. He also has a bad beck and back, he had back surgery last January but is still in great pain. He has severe depression and can often not control his hysterical mood swings from all of medications and when he doesn’t take medicine he also has erractic behavior. It seems nothing will get better!! I have been diagnosed with anxiety for a few years. My dads illness and depression literally increases my anxiety tenfold because I live at home and care for him on a daily basis along with my mom. He feels guilty because he knows what he puts on through but he still cannot hold it together. He barely makes it through a work day and spends most morning crying in bed. I don’t want to even move out because I am scared to leave my mom alone to deal with him. I am 23 and my dad is 59. He is hopefully going to start seeing a psychiatrist in a few weeks but I am so terrified nothing will work and this is how my life will be forever. Living in a state of constant fear of my dad’s next breakdown and rushing to his aid. I am prescribed xanax and try to only take it nightly as needed but latey he’s been stressing me out so badly I have it take it many times a day just to pull mysef together. I feel so helpless and I feel like nobody understands because no one else’s parent acts this way and my boyfriend thinks I care too much and I just need to let me dad be but I can’t because of my extreme guilt!! My mind is constantly on edge and I feel so terrible everyday I don’t know what else to do.
Mangojuice411 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, mote.of.soul, Sunflower123