View Single Post
RomanSunburn
Poohbah

Member Since May 2008
633 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 11, 2018 at 08:19 PM

Ah, yes, I understand now. I think the first order of business is to take care of the Achilles tendinitis. Lots of RICE-ing (Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation), but it sounds like you've got that covered already.

I have a similar cycle with running and my mental health. I run to battle my depression, but if I get depressed, I have no motivation to run. Unfortunately, I got injured training for my last race, so I haven't been able to run since Labor Day, and the depression is coming back.

I was also a ballet dancer, but I quit training pre-professionally in high school. While I was living in the Midwest, I was taking some adult ballet classes fairly regularly before switching to yoga (a little easier on the body), but we moved back east and I just haven't gotten back into either activity. I completely understand the body issues ballet creates, and that was the exact reason why I was counting calories on Seroquel (and why my cousin warned me. And yes, I agree, I was extremely fortunate. It would have wrecked me otherwise).

What about investing in a stationary bicycle and a heart rate monitor? It should be easier on your joints (although, I'm not sure about the tendinitis). With a heart rate monitor, you can, well... monitor your heart rate to really push yourself while your riding to make sure your getting a good work out on the bike. If you have a bicycle you like, you could always get an indoor bicycle trainer. That way you don't need to buy a whole new stationary bike, and once you feel comfortable riding outside again, it's easier to store a trainer than a stationary bike. I'm wondering if the reason you gained weight riding the bike around town was because you were building muscle?

Please keep us posted!
RomanSunburn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
*Laurie*, MickeyCheeky