LiteraryLark
Crowned "The Good Witch"

LiteraryLark is healing

10 yr Member
1,318 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 12, 2018 at 01:20 AM

I want to learn how to wake up earlier. I get to be a very, very, very grumpy bear in the morning if my sleep is disturbed, but I need to learn how to wake up early every day because of school and work, and I also want to have productive mornings and be that person who can "accomplish more by 8am than most people do all day". I know that if I do not learn how to wake up early, I'll fail my classes, because I tend to sleep through morning classes, and I won't be able to take on as many shifts than if I were to wake up early.

I would like the end goal wake up time to be 6am. I learned from some articles to slowly reduce the wake up time by 20 minutes every few days, and to have both rewards from getting out of bed and activities to do once I get out of bed. My usual morning routines is my first morning cigarette, a cup of coffee, some music, and some laptop time, but by the time I fully wake up, it's noon and I haven't even eaten breakfast. I'd like to be a little more productive than that.

I'd like to have a plan for things to do from when I first begin cutting back hours to a set plan for when I hit that 6am mark.

I think my first goal is to make myself breakfast. Seems stupid, but I haven't had real breakfast let alone during breakfast hours in a couple weeks. And a healthy breakfast=healthy lunch=mindful eating=weight loss. I've noticed that giving up breakfast throws off the balance of eating mindfully.

Another goal is to incorporate my bible studies and some time to read.

I'd also like to be able to wake up early enough to walk to the post office and to walk my dog.

Having some quiet cleaning time would be very much appreciated by my parents.

Those are a few goals for now. My first alarm clock is set at 9:20am, it's not too early from when I normally sleep in, but I also need to train myself to be used to an alarm clock...I tend to hate alarm clocks. I am not sure how well this will go, but I'll keep you guys updated.

Last edited by LiteraryLark; Nov 12, 2018 at 01:40 AM..
LiteraryLark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky