Elder...and a bit Older
Community Liaison
Quarter life has no updates.

10 yr Member
371 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 12, 2018 at 02:36 AM

I returned to mature aged study at 40...and I did it the hard way, through mind numbing hard work, graduating top of the State. However....I totally appreciate that there are many who suffer from attention deficits, and therefor require stimulants to gain focus and manage executive functioning. I totally recommend that you keep an open dialogue with your prescribing doctor to ensure your dosage is benefiting you.. not hindering.

I think you would also do well to reassess your objectives JoeS21..where do you want to be in 5 years? Is the degree you are studying really what you want to do? If you feel that you are on the right road to your goals...then to hell with other students, to hell with what they do to get ahead. Try surrounding yourself with positive people who will support your dreams, if there are none to be found, then use positive self talk and congratulate yourself each and every day for putting yourself out there.

I wish you all the very best moving forward JoeS21...please remember to be kind and generous to yourself.

Hugs from:
KarenSue, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, unaluna