View Single Post
Anonymous47864

Default Nov 12, 2018 at 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF17 View Post
I would like some opinion, comments, or suggestion from you.

I suffered many years with depression, but somehow I found a way to get my life back up and running. Recently I came back to college and I've noticed that I'm overwhelmingly anxious, which is a bit unusual for me.

I've always been shy in strange situations or among people I didn't know, but my fear of speaking in front of a group (even small) is incredibly frustrating. I enrolled at a public speaking class in order to overcome this fear, but every class is bringing me to a full PANIC level. I can't sleep, eat, relax, or do anything before it. The worst thing is that everyone else seems pretty confident and relaxed while I just 'freeze', get my face completely red and feel weak, like about to faint. Today was a horrible day for me because I felt completely embarrassed and ridicule after I failed at delivering a 1-minute presentation. When I left the room, I busted in tears and uncontrolled shakiness.

I'm a very articulated/ opinionated woman who studies 24/7, so this is really out of my control and depressing. I don't know what to do anymore...

Talk to your doctor about a propranolol prescription to use as needed for public speaking. Musicians are known to use it to steady their nerves for performances. People with extreme anxiety during public speaking have used it for years. That and practice. Join Toastmasters where you can get lots of practice and lots of support. [emoji3590]
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
CF17, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
Sunflower123