View Single Post
scarlett35

Member Since May 2017
2 hugs
given
Default Nov 13, 2018 at 06:23 PM

Hi everyone, for a while now I've been having really bad anxiety about my boyfriend dying and sometimes I'm struggling to cope with the worry.

We have a really good relationship. Just about to move in together, things going well, both good at having our own space and doing our own thing and then having a good time together as well.

There's a 7 year age gap between us (I'm 27, he's 34). I know it isn't loads, but it still scares me that when I'm 63 he will be 70.

I keep having obsessive thoughts about the situation, thinking how many years we could have together. Googling for reassurance and then finding horrible stories about people losing their partners. If something happened to him now I feel like I wouldn't cope at all and I'd have a complete melt down.
Possible trigger:
. It feels like OCD (which I am diagnosed with) but I've never had it with a relationship before this one.

My grandad died a few years ago and it's been hard watching my nan try and cope without him. Everytime a person's husband dies on the telly, it triggers me and makes me anxious. It's worse at bedtime and when I'm not with him.

We could have years of happy life together. I don't want to waste them by being anxious. I want to enjoy the moments we have now and just live life to the fullest, without over worrying about being left alone. I'm all for living life to the full, as it is very short, but I don't want my anxiety to ruin it

Help. Does anyone have any advice or can empathize?
scarlett35 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
June55, MickeyCheeky, RamblinClementine

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky