View Single Post
gloamingone
Poohbah

gloamingone has no updates.

10 yr Member PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 13, 2018 at 08:50 PM

Well, the title says it all. I'm failing out of grad school.

Things were going well until midterms when I panicked during testing (first time that's happened) and failed two out of three midterm exams. I've been working double time for the past month trying to bring my grades back up. One course I've completely given up on. No amount of tutoring or meeting with the professor could help me understand computer programming. I finally stopped going, since all I did was sit there frustrated and in tears each lecture.

The other two classes were going ok...and then we started a new unit in data analytics. I haven't understood a single thing for the past week. I'm going to fail another class now.

When I got my MBA 14 years ago, I graduated with very high grades. Everyone expected me to ace school this time around--including me. How could this be happening???

I have a big group project that was just assigned in analytics, and since I don't understand the material, I'm going to let my whole group down. I think that's worse than how I'm letting myself down.

The anxiety and depression have become overwhelming and I don't know what to do. I'm in a dead-end job in a career I have hated for the past 14 years, and this was supposed to be my chance to change all of that. I'm tired of crying all the time. I'm tired of trying and failing.

I don't know what to do anymore.
gloamingone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
HD7970GHZ, ken9018, MickeyCheeky, Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky