View Single Post
scarlett35

Member Since May 2017
2 hugs
given
Default Nov 14, 2018 at 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacelizard View Post
Statistically speaking, he's likely to die before you, both due to the age difference and because men tend to die sooner (by at least a few years, I believe) than women. But you could also be hit by a bus tomorrow and that would be that.

The point I'm trying to make is this: there's a reason they say the only two things in life are death and taxes. And we have no control over when we die, but we do have control over how we live it.
Yeah I think the stats thing does worry me, but again it doesn't guarantee anything like you said! I know men who've lived to 100 and women who've lived in the 70s.

I just think, when it gets to the evening and I'm on my own I can be easily triggered. I saw a tweet about somebody who's friend had died in their early 40s and immediately thought, what if that happens to my boyfriend? Then the thoughts just started overflowing and getting out of control. I woke up this morning feeling a lot better but I will have the thoughts again another time.

I do try and appreciate the little things and in a way this worry can be used kind of productively to make sure I'm enjoying life, but at the same time it gets so intense i don't want it to ruin it by making me feel sad and anxious all the time about something that could potentially be years away or something I might never have to live with.
scarlett35 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Little Lulu, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky