View Single Post
gloamingone
Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2014
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 14, 2018 at 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsygirl88 View Post
What is your bachelors in? Did you have any knowledge or training in computer science topics before enrolling? Im a Web/ New Media design major to include coding and programming, and also took A+ classes. I have seriously considered just doing computer science but I know I skew more towards the creative artistic rather than logical / analytical side, although I do use both skills! If your struggling this much and you don't truly ENJOY what your learning, you should really reconsider! You have to be ALL in with computer science! What type of thinker are you? right brain or left? Do you like to solve problems using logic or using creativity? You have to ENJOY learning this stuff! and don't feel so bad school challenging for everyone! Best Wishes!
Thanks for the reply. My bachelors is in Parks and Recreation Management, so this is my first foray into anything like programming and analytics. I enjoy solving puzzles, but you hit the nail on the head. I use creativity more than logic. I love the IDEA of programming but can't seem to get the execution down. The same with analytics.

My fall-back career choice was recreational therapy, but I'd have to go to school for that as well. Failing these classes will make me ineligible to receive student loans in the future, though, so no more school for me.

I feel trapped as an accountant. I hate it and I'm not very good at it. Now I have no way out, and that thought is killing me.
gloamingone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky