Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 14, 2018 at 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty_Banana View Post
Ah.Thank you for that because I now get it.Although he didn't tell them anything and they instead collected all of his medical records on their own it's fairly obvious that he is disabled.

I don't think I will tell him that though.I think I will just tell him it was a combination of everything to save his self esteem.One of his physical illnesses has affected his cognitive abilities and he doesn"t really realize it.
his award letter doesnt have his disabilities listed on it because SSA is not a mental or physical health doctor. your first post stated....

"My husband applied for SSDI in person at the local Social Security office.When he left his appointment he was disappointed and confused because the worker there didn't ask him why he was applying,what his disability is,she told him they would be checking into all his medical records and notify him if they needed further info.About 5 weeks later he received a letter stating he was approved and when his first payment would be."

that means your husband already supplied them with a release of information form that he listed all his treatment providers names, addresses and phone numbers so that SSA could contact his doctors for all his medical records.

my point the answer to your question of what his disabilities are is that your husband will need to contact his doctors who will look in their records and tell him what he has been diagnosed with. SSA cant tell him because thats not their job. they just approve or deny SSI/ SSDI and send the money every month. its your husbands doctors that can say what your husbands problems are.

my suggestion is talk with your husband. and if he is still confused as to what he is diagnosed with have him call his doctors to set up an appointment to discuss with the doctor what his diagnosis's are and what treatment plans he is on.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Betty_Banana