View Single Post
rutro

Member Since Mar 2017
Default Nov 16, 2018 at 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfrog View Post
Dear Practitioner(s):

I know that y'all are the "professionals", however, the very next one of you that tells me to be more active or to get more exercise is likely to get the ever living @#$%! slapped right out of you!

If you only knew how discompassionate this advice is and how utterly stupid you sound when you say it to me ... Maybe I need to tell you exactly that the next time you offer this advice.

Do you actually think that I enjoy not being able to do the things I love and used to be able to do (nature walks, vigorous hikes, fishing, etc.), or just how badly I grieve the loss of them because it simply hurts too much to engage in them anymore?

I've learned to manage my usual pain levels (3-5 on a daily basis), but even just 20-30 minutes of light to moderate activity sends my pain levels spiking anywhere from a 7-9 to right off your effing "what's your number" pain chart, not to mention totally knocking me out for a day or two afterwards!

So eff your "be more active and get more exercise" advice, thank you very much!

It saddens me to know that even those we pay to "help" us cannot even begin to fathom what it is like to live with chronic pain as they, themselves, do not suffer with it.

With all that being said, nobody's going to get slapped, nor do I wish this kind of pain on anyone so they could understand what it's like to live with it.

I just needed to ventilate is all ... Thanks for listening!

Pfrog I hear ya brother. I feel the very same. I've been weaning off the Methadone. Taking that since 2005 with very good results. Having a life. Not so much anymore. I was at 50mg daily. Now I'm at 10mg. and all that bad stuff with my back and neck is back. Plus all the stuff you go through when the body wants the pain to stop again..... and it won't, just gets worse . So where do we go from here, ain't no where to go except up from where I am.
rutro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous41006, Anonymous59275