View Single Post
Lostandconfused82

Member Since Nov 2018
Default Nov 16, 2018 at 06:51 PM

Hi everyone....I am new to this. I'm needing help. My relationship just ended a month ago and I'm not coping well. I feel like depression is the cause. My boyfriend and I were together for a year. He chased me for over a year previously to us dating. I had some previously bad relationships and was not looking for anything but he finally convinced me to give him a chance but I told him to be patient with me. I wanted to take things slow because I had trust issues. He assured me he understood and wasnt going anywhere. Things went good. We introduced our kids after a while and became a little family basically. He wanted another kid, a girl to be exact because we have boys. He is 45. I am 36. I told him I would have to think on that etc. That's a big deal. We were talking about getting a house together and just all kinds of things. I obviously began falling for him. No one had ever treated me so good. Flowers all the time. Made as much time for me as possible. Complimented ke all the time. He was crazy about me and everyone could see it. But around March of this year or maybe April I noticed some small changes, nothing major just minor things. I asked him if things were ok and he promised me they were. His job had changed and put alot more on him so I was thinking hes just stressed and busy. Over the next few months he became more withdrawn. Only wanting to play his xbox. He had gained quite a bit of weight etc. And out of the blue in July he told me he has never felt anything for me and still didn't. I of course was devastated and confused and hurt. He wanted us to try to fix it. He had told me all this time I made him happier than ever. I was the best thing that ever happened to him. And all of the sudden I have this cold emotionless person sitting Infront of me. A stranger. So for 2 months I bent over backwards trying to bring us close again. I tried to keep his house clean to keep more stress off of him. I took us on a four wheeling trip which he loved. Nothing I did seemed to matter. He just became even more distant and hurtful. Maybe I pushed him too much or idk. But he ended up breaking up with me and told me he felt nothing for me physically or emotionally. He also had told me he felt nothing about anything. He had no feelings and I feel like he couldn't see past the depression to see it was clouding his feelings for me.....am I crazy? I tried to convince him he was depressed. He said he had no interest in doing anything he always enjoyed. He wasnt happy with himself. I thought I could help him through this and make him see that I loved him and we worth the effort but it was hard at most times to convince him anything was wrong with him. He was never consistent with anything. One minute he said he was crazy about me and one minute he said he never felt anything for me. One minute he knew something was wrong and the next he couldn't. Please help. We have been apart for over a month and I keep hoping he will come around. My anxiety is so bad and I'm not well. I'm worried he will move on. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Please feel free to post
Lostandconfused82 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous55879, Fuzzybear, MickeyCheeky, mote.of.soul, Skeezyks

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, mote.of.soul