View Single Post
downandlonely
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2018
10.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 16, 2018 at 07:32 PM

I think some fathers can be too concerned with making their sons "real men" meaning they can't show emotions and should resort to violence when necessary. This hypermasculinity thing is ridiculous in my opinion. I think it's getting a bit better now, but I recently heard someone at my church saying that boys shouldn't play with dolls. Seriously? I'm a girl who never liked dolls, and my youngest brother liked them. He is not gay or trans. Liking dolls and not liking sports doesn't make someone less of a man.

I actually think it's a bit easier for girls, because we're allowed to wear pants and play sports and other traditional "boy" things without being made to feel bad about it. But boys who do not fit traditional gender roles are called "sissies".

I do think my generation is getting better at it though. There are stay-at-home dads and single dads who are the primary caregivers for their children. And I heard they are starting to put diaper changing tables in men's bathrooms, which i think is a positive step.
downandlonely is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Buffy01, Quanticia

Thanks for this!
Buffy01