Blueberrybook
Magnate

Blueberrybook has no updates.

5 yr Member
78 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 17, 2018 at 08:49 PM

My doc is a new pdoc to me since my old one is retiring. I did look again at my medical records from the old pdoc, looks like my last visit with her & her summation to the new doc says no ADHD/ADD, but there are symptoms that have been present for awhile that make her feel it warrants more investigation.

I did come to her with a mis-diagnosis of depression & I was a month post-partum when I started seeing her. It took her a bit to determine the pdocs I'd seen the last 10 years were wrong (not a shocker since no one re-diagnosed after the 1st doc who just seemed to want to give me a lifetime supply of Paxil), and then she figured maybe I had bipolar II, tried treating that, things weren't working, then I had a psychotic break, hypergraphia, etc., and she had to start again trying to control bipolar I. So I guess she'd felt she finally had the bipolar & panic disorder somewhat stable which made her start wondering about ADHD type things. She was a very good doctor, one of the top pdocs out there, and my new pdoc is very good too. I suppose if she told him she suspected it, he probably started looking for it. There are things that could point to it, I suppose. I need to speak more with my new pdoc about why he included the ADHD diagnosis when the old pdoc did not, what exactly it was that made him diagnose that.

Seroquel, Cymbalta, , propanolol, buspirone, Trazodone, gabapentin, omeperazole

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
--Robert Frost
Blueberrybook is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky