Magnate

Member Since Mar 2017
692 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 18, 2018 at 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty_Banana View Post
It wasn't until I was in therapy and diagnosed with DID that the whole lack of memories thing bothered me.I guess ignorance is bliss sometimes.

Before knowing,I guess i didn't really think twice about it.It was normal to not remember things.Not just the pst but things that were going on in the present.Like I went to a baby shower and afterwards my mom was telling me things I said and did while I was there and I didnt question it at all or even womder why she(or other people) would do that to begin with.I didn't know any different and that's just how life had always been for me.

But yeah,when you do know what your issue is,that it's DID,it's a whole different ballgame isn't it?

Hugs
Yes, exactly this! Once I knew those gaps in time were other parts of me that were acting without my control I felt so many, many emotions about it, none of them good. I felt betrayed by myself, embarrassed, ashamed, and so powerless. I also felt defenseless. When other people tell me I have done or said things I have absolutely no defense to offer them. I hate it so much.
Amyjay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Betty_Banana