View Single Post
venom0706

Member Since Jul 2013
Default Nov 18, 2018 at 05:17 PM

I just graduated uni (first class) and started working my first office job - banking assistant...

In short, the company I work for acquires surgeries. We inherit their bank accounts and aim to close them, but move all their direct debits to our main account before doing so.

I am responsible for importing bank statements, allocating payments to suppliers and transferring direct debits from one account to another before closing the old accounts down. I also occasionally set-up rent payments, make phone calls to institutions or even talk to clinical directors from the surgeries.

The thing is, ever since I started this job, I have started getting depressed and fearing of getting sued and in prison because of a mistake I make at the workplace.

I fear I have so much responsibility, but in fact it's an administrative job and there are at least several more levels in the organisational hierarchy - i am at one of the lowest levels. Yet... it feels like I am doing really important stuff, hence my fear of liability.

There is nothing in my contract regarding liability and I also don't want to mention this to my managers.

Any ideas on how to overcome this? It really affects my joy of going to work every day. It also makes my weekends really something special and then on Sunday night I am dreading to start the cycle all over again and fear all week of getting sued at the workplace... At the same time, I don't want to quit the job, because my team says I am doing well and I am also happy with the salary.

Thank you and much appreciated!

Last edited by venom0706; Nov 18, 2018 at 05:39 PM..
venom0706 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote