View Single Post
TishaBuv
Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,869 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 19, 2018 at 07:39 PM

That article did blow my mind because it talked about the ties between my mother and myself; how she’s been on a rant about her past misfortunes and how much it caught me up in it. Maybe my emotional problems are very tied to my mother.

I can see how you are also relating this to you and your son. Maybe there is truth to it.

My kids witnessed a crying, hysterical, angry mother for sadly their whole lives. In recent years when the truth was being discussed, they said they hadn’t even noticed me. They were caught up in their kid world mostly. It was certainly my youngest one that saw it the most and was the most affected.

All three (knock wood) are doing well, had good grades in school, good friends, girlfriends, not drugs. So, thankfully, what they witnessed between me and their dad, hasn’t affected them in too much a negative way at this point in their lives.

Maybe your kids were adversely influenced by it, maybe only partly. Don’t blame yourself too much. You don’t know for sure if your relationship caused your son’s problems right now.

Control is a biggie behind every dysfunction. I hear what you are saying about the control your son is trying to assert.

I hope you can get him professional help. I’m not sure what else to suggest. I’m sure I’d keep trying to keep my kid safe as long as I could, too.

Maybe you can grab him off the street and put him into a program? I’m not sure about how any of that works.

Hugs and prayers for you!

Hugs from:
Anonymous55879