View Single Post
Anonymous55879

Default Nov 20, 2018 at 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
All three (knock wood) are doing well, had good grades in school, good friends, girlfriends, not drugs. So, thankfully, what they witnessed between me and their dad, hasn’t affected them in too much a negative way at this point in their lives.

Maybe your kids were adversely influenced by it, maybe only partly. Don’t blame yourself too much. You don’t know for sure if your relationship caused your son’s problems right now.

Control is a biggie behind every dysfunction. I hear what you are saying about the control your son is trying to assert.

I hope you can get him professional help. I’m not sure what else to suggest. I’m sure I’d keep trying to keep my kid safe as long as I could, too.

Maybe you can grab him off the street and put him into a program? I’m not sure about how any of that works.

Hugs and prayers for you!
I am glad your kids are doing well and your relationship with your husband has improved. I think you are a good daughter, mom and wife. You are own of the kindest people I know.

I know I was ruminating too much this weekend about my mental illness ruining my family's lives. I was having a relapse but pulled myself together yesterday. I know I am a good wife and mother as well.

There are programs out there for my son but only if he willingly wants to go into them. I will never give up on him but it is a balancing act trying to figure out how much to help.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote