View Single Post
KR2018
KR2018 has no updates.

5 yr Member
6 hugs
given
Default Nov 20, 2018 at 07:30 AM

Thank you yes I am the author. The biggest frustration for me with this depressive illness is that I do have so much love in my life. I have amazing supportive loving family and friends. I’m well aware of how fortunate I am to have the love that surrounds me. I don’t have a husband boyfriend or children. But I do have love. What tortures me is when the depression takes over this mind and the heavy crushing leaden blanket of that horrid sinking misery feeling that convinces you death is the solution. It builds this dense wall around me cutting me off from reality and those I love so dear. It has me believing those lies that I’m a burden to others and all alone. It gets to the point where I can’t feel the gratitude the love the joy the connection the alivenss and the sense of worthiness. And I’m well aware of how much worse my life could be, I’ve worked as a mental health provider for years with people with horrible histories of trauma, severe mental illness and incarceration etc. Then I get this guilt because I know how much support love I do have yet the depression distorts this mind so much that I lose the ability to feel the appreciation, gratitude the love and then life seems pointless cruel and dreadful. Yet something in me keeps trying. The loving support people in my life are what has kept me alive. But it gets scary at times because sometimes the depression gets so bad that even all that love starts to lose out gets severed by the demon and I can’t really feel it anymore. My
Mind is fantastically talented at creating dramatic misery. Yet again there’s some part of me that keeps hoping searching for the space of awareness and finding a peace with the depression. I’ve tried so many treatments, 30 different meds ECT TMS ketamine and lots of psychotherapy. But despite feeling so defeated and lost, there’s some life in me that keeps breathing and moving. So I continue to try even if many days just feel like I’m just existing not really living. For their love I keep searching for peace. I don’t know what else to do anymore.
KR2018 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
KYWoman