Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2014
1,758 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 21, 2018 at 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Lulu View Post
This is a very interesting topic. I don't have trouble ending a conversation since I use the "It was nice to see you" technique or some version thereof. But I have a neighbor who is notoriously difficult to talk to. I bumped into him yesterday and it was awkward as usual but I just realized that he is very efficient in his verbal responses, quick and to the point. That isn't necessarily a bad trait but if I want more from him then asking a question that has a "yes" or "no" response won't work. I need to ask something open-ended, like "Tell me about your golf tournament last weekend, your wife said you played well". And even then, I don't think I'll get much of a reply. It just isn't his style.

Just giving this consideration will make it easier next time I see him because I can understand/accept how he is a little better and be grateful he isn't one of those hanger-ons who keeps you tied up for hours if you let them :-)) Thank you for bringing this up.

Thank
I see. I normally don’t have the patience to deal with a person like the one you describes. It’s very difficult for me to break the ice, over and over again but it’s bc of my own skills.

You’re very welcome!

Mankind is complex: Make deserts blossom and lakes die. ( GIL SCOTT-HERSON)
AzulOscuro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Little Lulu

Thanks for this!
Little Lulu