View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Nov 21, 2018 at 03:36 PM

Hello Tpz4sheezy: I noticed this is your first post here on PC. So... welcome to PsychCentral.

We here on PC can't offer anything in the way of a diagnosis regarding your friend. And I'm not a mental health professional. So anything I say is simply my personal opinion. However, based on what you wrote, this sounds to me like schizophrenia. There's a forum, here on PC, dedicated to the subject of schizophrenia. Reading some of the posts in that forum may be of interest. Here's a link:

https://forums.psychcentral.com/schi...and-psychosis/

And then here are links to 3 articles, from PsychCentral's archives, on the subject plus one that discusses symptoms that may require a mental health evaluation:

Schizophrenia Symptoms & Treatment

Schizophrenia Fact Sheet

Schizophrenia Education Guide for Patients and Caregivers

8 Symptoms That May Require A Mental Health Evaluation | Caregivers, Family & Friends

From what you wrote it sounds as though your friend's mental health issues, whatever they are in terms of a formal diagnosis, are going untreated. And since he has apparently already demonstrated a propensity for violence, there is reason for you to be concerned. I know you don't want him to feel abandoned. However, from my perspective at least, there's nothing you or your family can do for him other than to encourage him to seek professional mental health treatment, if you or perhaps your mother feel comfortable doing that. Beyond that, however, I think the best course of action here would be to simply steer clear of this man.

I hope you find PC to be of benefit.
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
piggy momma