Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 22, 2018 at 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2daffodils View Post
How do I know if this man is right for me? I said I know he's not right, but I'm not sure. He keeps changing his mind about living with me. He says I'm controlling, but I see him as controlling. He'll say things like, "dont do the dishes", then days later, I see you didn't even do the dishes. I love you and I want you in my life. Days later, I want you to get your things oout and I want nothing from you. Then, I love you. THen, he'll say I don't know what I want. Then he says I miss you already after leaving for one day, and he says, yes I want you to live with me. Then, "as long as we get along"

Can anyone help me out? This confusion is driving me crazy. I often feel like he doesn't appreciate me, but then I feel like I have nothing left if I break up with him and leave him. I have already spilled my guts to a frriend on here, and the opiinion is, he's a jerk and I've nothing to lose, well not much if I leave him or he breaks up with me and takes me back for the umpteenth time.

Do I even know what love is, when this guy can put me down for the smallest mistakes and make me feel worse about myslelf. Yet I think I love him. At this point, I don't care what response I get here, I don't care what anyone thinks of me.

I'm getting older and I don't want to find another bf. Ever. If we break up that's it for me and I feel like I've invested a lot in this relationship for 3 years.
I don’t see any confusion. He treats you badly. How can he be right for you? It doesn’t matter how many years you spent with him. If he was a jerk for 3 years, he’ll be a jerk for next 10 years and you’ll be even older then. If you enjoy being put down and being treated badly and inconsistently then I’d say it’s ok to stay with him (just please don’t have kids with him), but if you are unhappy then what’s the point? You definitely can do better than that.
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
katydid777, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
Bill3, Deyla2324, Innerzone, MickeyCheeky