amandalouise
Wise Elder

amandalouise has no updates.

15 yr Member
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 23, 2018 at 01:03 PM

complicated situation maybe maybe not. think about how your whole life has been. not just today.

DID type alters have their own sense of agency based on who and what they are, how much control they have and so on. this doesnt just start today, yesterday or later on in the future. this begins with the very first traumatic even that resulted in that alters creation.

my point to figure out how to handle this situation look back on your whole life time since that first altered state of mind / creation. how have you and your system handled such things as having friends, dating and love before.

that will answer how to best handle this situation now.

Another suggestion reread your past posts, you may find information in your past posts either in your own started threads or replies to others that will explain to you how you and your alters care, like, and love others, and express this and what you all do when you all are with your friends, when one likes or cares or loves others....

for me when I took this same issue to my treatment providers thats what they said to do, look inside and see how since before I was 5 years old my system handled such things as liking, caring, loving others, dating, intimacy... its not like I and my alters never liked another person, its not like in my whole life time that I and my internal system over cared and expressed caring for another person.

Then my treatment provider asked me to think about something.... if I based my relationships with others on the shared experience of having DID, and having each others alters, play, date and so on what does that mean....

my answer is in order for this to happen one or more of us had to have been dissociated so that the resulting alter that took control would be the one that was in love with someone elses alters.

example if Rainy was in love with someone elses alter then I and my other alters would have had to be triggered by a thunder storm. .........And..............the friend with the alter in question would have had to also at the same time be triggered by what ever that alters trigger was...

lets put a name in her to show this...

Rainy is out because I and everyone else in my system is upset and triggered by thunder storm.

Peter (alter in someone elses system) is out because Jake (friend who Peter lives in) is dissociated because Jake is triggered by their work problems.

now you have Amanda is upseet and triggered by the storm, rainy took over and Amanda's friend Jake is upset about something at work so Peter took over.

Do I really want to cause myself to be upset and triggered and have Jake cause himself to get upset and triggered by what ever peters sense of agency trigger is just so that Peter and rainy can have an affair.

nope. I also never tell another person with DID to make their self worse just to let their alters play with each other.

All the different elements of dissociation on all sides have to line up, and the key element is having each other be so traumatized (triggered) either negatively or positively to the point where both in the situation are dissociated into the correct altered states of mind for two alters in love to be together to begin with.

the odds of this happening more than just an accidental, once in a blue moon during the week let alone a whole life time of both persons with DID...

yea my opinion is that you dont have much to worry about, unless you and this other person are purposely causing yourself to have your dissociation problems.

(which of course means you probably dont have to worry about having the diagnostic label of DID much longer if you have so much control over your system that you can purposely cause the right alter to come out at the right time and this other person has the same amount of control. with that much control usually .......here in NY ........the diagnosis gets changed to fictitious disorder imposed on self due to causing one self to have their dissociation symptoms.)

my point is to breath and relax. since the odds of this developing further is extremely thin, because so many elements in this has to line up perfectly, it will probably fizzle out on its own, Unless you help it along by purposely causing your self more pain and triggers that has to do with this alters sense of agency.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
kbonnieboo, MtnTime2896