View Single Post
Fuzzybear
Wisest Elder Ever

Member Since Nov 2002
81.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 23, 2018 at 07:43 PM

I don’t know.. maybe the psychologist and the shrink misdiagnosed me for their own agenda. They couldn’t help, didn’t want to help. They really only “helped” “simple” anxiety, depression etc and people who made “significant” change on their schedule. . It is not easy to access good help in this forest..

I suspect that if you met me in real life you would think I’m avoidant. But I have no investment in that diagnosis. I don’t define myself by any diagnosis. I didn’t want any diagnosis when I went into therapy....but I was given one anyway. In some ways I’ve become less avoidant over the years, and in some ways more.

As a child I was always the most withdrawn, shy, anxious, in the class, by far.

I’m not sure if you’re saying you think I am not avoidant despite the diagnosis, if so, I’m sure that psychologist would not be happy. He was very proud of his skills and of being a good diagnostician. I think he is NPD..

And btw I don’t feel comfortable posting usually, other than hugs, but I do it anyway

At least I don’t have to spend hours shaving off my fur as I do if I venture out of my cave...

I’ve also got to know a few really good people online.. I’d almost despaired about the bears in this corner of the forest, aside from Papa Bear.. and they always always judged and misjudged me. They would certainly say I’m “too quiet”... too quiet for what? Idiots...

I have built up some sort of self esteem over the years, maybe.. so maybe that disqualifies me from being Avpd. In which case I’m very happy... I’ve defied the medics..and the abusive family of origin.

Hugs from:
mote.of.soul