View Single Post
My Paper Heart
My Paper Heart has no updates.

5 yr Member
4 hugs
given
Default Nov 24, 2018 at 04:31 AM

Everything I have should be new and scratch free. Once an imperfection is seen, my automatic thought is to trash it... But my uber logic usually kicks in and keeps me from getting rid of it. This is, without a doubt, my perfectionism at its best and knowing this also helps me keep from trashing a perfectly good item.

Like mwaxy, I hate leaving my things for others to watch. Maybe I'm paranoid (Too many crappy roommates? A brother who always stole my stuff?) but I'll do a sort of quick audit of my things upon getting them back.

I must have had OCPD since I was a very young kid, long before the event I previously attributed it to, because:
* I stuck to rules verbatim and I did so until I was told it no long applied. When I was 8, the hospital called asking for my father (to say my grandmother died) and I refused to get him because he was sleeping and the rule was to never wake dad since he worked at night. (Needless to say, afterward the rule was modified to include "unless it's an emergency.")
* "Clean your room" was never a command that was followed until a qualifier was added: How clean? There was a stark difference between Mom Clean, Grandma Clean, and my clean (AKA: hospital clean).

Besides the issue with rules, I have improved a LOT thanks to my uber logic and my inner self asking "What would my mother do? I'll do the opposite."
My Paper Heart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote