Magnate

Blueberrybook has no updates.

5 yr Member
78 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 26, 2018 at 05:28 PM

I am sick of fibromyalgia, really I am.

I think maybe the last class of meds I was on worked better for pain than gabapentin, but they were NSAIDs, and I ended up with a perforated ulcer due to a bacterial infection combined with NSAID overuse. I'm sure I realized those meds were NSAIDs in the beginning, but after you've been taking them some years, you just forget. So I'd take the fibro med, Excedrin for a stress headache, whatever. Nearly died from that ulcer perforating and now will be paying off the hospital bills for 9 years (not kidding). Now no more NSAIDs for life after that ulcer situation, and the rheumatologist has me on gabapentin. I can't say it's been going very well. I have not noticed a difference except the first time she upped the dose. But maybe it was just a better day too, who knows?

I hurt so much, I feel like crying. This pain makes it so much worse when I get depressed (have bipolar).

I just don't know what to do. I do exercise too much (running), but honestly, I can lose myself in my mind in an instant, not feel any emotions or pain. I've tried stretching & yoga, can't lose myself in my mind as easily, can't stick with it. Hard time sticking to walking too, which I am told is the best exercise for it.

Has anything worked for you? Some type of med? Something homeopathic (and affordable)? I have a feeling if I could afford it, acupuncture might help some, but I'm pretty much broke. Vitamins/herbs, anything at all different to your routine or diet? I'm getting desperate, and I normally have a high threshold for pain, but it's been getting worse & worse lately. Is it just a flare? Something that happens with age?

Seroquel, Cymbalta, , propanolol, buspirone, Trazodone, gabapentin, omeperazole

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
--Robert Frost
Blueberrybook is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Travelinglady