precaryous
Inner Space Traveler

Member Since May 2014
8,141 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 27, 2018 at 02:38 PM

Anyone get thoughts like this?

Sometimes I get the urge to find his relatives and send them the news article describing his arrest and charges of exploiting this one client...bc I want to tell them/him/her it really happened to me!

The article is not about me. The abuse in my case happened the year before.
He had an entire year to victimize more clients before he was arrested. Who knows how many he exploited before me?

I think the article pleas for other victims to come forward and contact the police. Eventually, from what the police told me, seven victims contacted them.

But I don’t find and contact the relatives bc I know they are victims, too.

What do I want? Is it just the little kid in me that wants to ‘tell?’ Is it bc for sooo long I protected his identity and name believing at the time he was just a good man who made a mistake? Bc I was afraid if I said his name the matter might be taken out of my hands? Is it bc for so long after the civil suit mostly failed I was afraid to say his name- it was a different kind of fear? Do I want someone from his family to say, “Yes, we know.” Do I want him to say, now, looking back, he’s sorry?

What would likely happen: I would become the victimizer..hurting his innocent family?

There’s a group on a social media that posts about happenings in that area, garage sales, recommendations, rants, raves. I’ve thought about posting, ‘Hey, does anyone remember Dr. ______?’ Then see what happens?

I don’t know what I’m looking for. I don’t know what I want.
I wish none of it ever happened.
precaryous is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
atisketatasket, lucozader