precaryous
Inner Space Traveler

precaryous Line them up.

8 yr Member
8,141 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 27, 2018 at 09:05 PM

Sorry, again, I know you experienced this too. Im sorry doctors, therapists, clergy, people in a power position are exploiting people. I’m sorry this is happening. I wish I knew how to stop it. All I know how to do is talk talk talk about it.

I don’t know about it staying with everyone but it does stay with me.. example- I recently had an EKG. Nothing frightening there, I’ve had dozens. This time I had a male tech and there’s the part of the EKG where I’m partially uncovered while he is placing the electrodes. At the time I found myself thinking, ‘Isn’t this taking longer than it should?’ ‘Shouldn’t I be covered better than this?’ And I became nervous, yet said nothing in the moment!

Later I called my doctor’s personal nurse and told her about the episode. I said 99% it was all me, I’m sure the tech didn’t do anything purposely, I’m not trying to get him n trouble, but could I have all female techs from now on? Etc.

But why didn’t I speak up for myself at the time? Why didn’t I ask for a towel or say, ‘We need to stop and get me covered better.’

Why can’t I do that?!

Twenty-four years later and It never leaves me...
precaryous is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
lucozader