amandalouise
Wise Elder

amandalouise has no updates.

15 yr Member
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 28, 2018 at 10:53 AM

I purposely gave it some time before posting another post in this thread. I know that its a lot to wrap the head around all the medical terms and that there actually is a physical brain process that happens to cause dissociation and dissociative disorders and in turn is part of the integration process.

I know that its a lot of information to take in and understand how the mental element of dissociating and the medical/ physical element works together to create that state of mind called dissociation and that of dissociative disorders.

unfortunately in order to understand what happens with integration a person must also understand the dissociation process.

I know many are waiting for the answers to the big questions... how are alters created and what happens after integration.

I have been debating whether to answer how alters are created. why because there is no 100 percent agreement on this in the mental health community. Professionals around the world agree up to a certain point but then the "I dont know and who really cares" type answers begin to happen. Its actually quite frustrating to say to a treatment provider ... I know this that and the other thing but what happens next and they say back "I dont know, does it really matter?" and I say back Yes it does, I wouldnt ask if it didnt matter to me.

I can tell you what my own treatment provider discovered about me and my system and how my alters were created. but only you and your own treatment providers can say what the mechanics behind your own alters actual moment of creation was like, based on what you learned while going through the integration process your selves.

Its one of those things that you have to go through to find the answer, part of the integration of alters is discovering their origins, what and how your brain created them, what the medical / physical and mental process was for their actual creation.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
Alatea, Betty_Banana, Laurel1562, MickeyCheeky