Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2011
314 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 29, 2018 at 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalouise View Post

I can tell you what my own treatment provider discovered about me and my system and how my alters were created. but only you and your own treatment providers can say what the mechanics behind your own alters actual moment of creation was like, based on what you learned while going through the integration process your selves..
I agree with that.It's all a very unique,individual thing and each persons "story" will be different.The basics will be the same,the brain processes of it but that's really about it.It's the same with integration,you can share what the integration process was like for you,how your alters were integrated,what happened afterwards but that would only be your own unique story,unlike anyone else's.It's more than just the emotional part of it that's different,like you had stated,all of it,Being DID,integration,and then after integration is different for everyone on a personal level.

My therapist told me he was more of a scientist than anything else.His perception of the whole thing(DID,integration,after integration) was based on that.My perception was/is based on my own personal experiences.And while he was able to explain how it all developed,what was taking place in my brain,etc.I was able to explain to him from my pov,from my perception,which helped everything come full circle.
Betty_Banana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
Alatea, amandalouise, MickeyCheeky