Member Since Aug 2012
129 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 30, 2018 at 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
[FONT=&quot]

Talked more about why ex-MC had such a strong effect on me. T: "He sensed this need in you and tried to do what he could to meet it." Me: "Yes...it's like he hit on all the receptors. Like maybe H can hit on a few of them or friends can, but he could hit all of them." I said how it could feel almost intoxicating. T: "That makes sense, it's why people say they use drugs, to get that perfect high." Me: "Yeah, and I mean...I would feel an actual physical reaction to sessions with him. Like a warm, fuzzy feeling that could last until the evening or the next morning. I'm not sure what it's from, like a hormone, like oxytocin maybe? The one that bonds parents and kids? It's not sexual, I know what that feels like. But...I also feel it sometimes with you, and that kind of scares me." (I stared at the floor for that last line.)
It seemed like this session was very deeply, holistically, about the way you experience relationships and their endings. I think there is a lot of rich material there to mine for future relationships.

For me grief and loss has been very central to my therapy and healing in the past years. Sometimes it feels like my own task on this earth is to grieve.

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight