Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 30, 2018 at 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2.0 View Post
It seemed like this session was very deeply, holistically, about the way you experience relationships and their endings. I think there is a lot of rich material there to mine for future relationships.

For me grief and loss has been very central to my therapy and healing in the past years. Sometimes it feels like my own task on this earth is to grieve.

Yes, I think it was a really important session (along with Monday's). My T can be rather blunt and make me face harsh truths, but I think they're also things I need to hear and understand. My natural inclination is to want to believe in the fairy-tale "happily ever after" with relationships (not just romance), but I know that's also not realistic. And I think I could deal with relationships ending more easily if I don't expect them to last forever. And maybe then I could appreciate the here-and-now of them instead of worrying so much about losing them/abandonment.

I think I also needed to hear what he said on how I probably never would have left ex-MC on my own had things continued going well with him. Because I think he's right.

Hugs from:
SalingerEsme

Thanks for this!
SalingerEsme