View Single Post
scarlett35

Member Since May 2017
2 hugs
given
Default Dec 01, 2018 at 05:31 AM

Hi all,

My anxiety is through the roof at the moment. For about 2 years I’ve had this weird mole type skin thing on my scalp. I barely noticed it, occasionally I would catch it and it would bleed. It hasn’t really bothered me though.

Yesterday I scratched it (I have a habit of skin picking on my scalp) and notice it had dried blood on it. I decided to go and have a look at it. It looks pretty similar to how it always has, but because it was bleeding it caused me a bit of alarm.

Of course I went straight to google and google has told me that I probably have skin cancer on my scalp. I’ve booked a docs appointment for Thursday to get it checked out, but I can’t stop googling! I feel utterly miserable about it. I just can’t think of it being anything else. It’s just in such a weird place as completely covered by hair, and has been there for around 2 years and doesn’t seem to have grown or changed (at least not noticeably)

Can anyone provide any advice? I am freaking out and don’t know how to cope with the anxiety until the doctor sees it, let alone if I have to have it removed. My grandad had melanoma and it spread to his liver and killed him.

I have read if it is that, it’s likely to be a simple removal and that most skin cancers don’t spread or grow quickly, but after two years I’m a bit concerned.

Any advice or comfort would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
scarlett35 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Yzen