View Single Post
Anonymous55879

Default Dec 02, 2018 at 08:00 AM

When you recognize you are not being pleasant (which does damage relationships)--yes, fake it until you make it if you can. Studies show that what we do, does effect how we feel. For instance, I work in a call center environment and many times they will tell you in training to smile (get a mirror if necessary) because even a forced smile will effect your voice (make it sound more positive). Since more than one place I have worked has told us that--I assume it is based on research. I am not working in a place that sells things but have on a few occasions in the past and there is so much science behind selling things. Fake it until you make it is no magic pill but it does help a person get through rough patches until they figure things out. If you sound confident on the phone--people will sometimes think you are an expert even if you know very little!

I have anxiety and irritibility sometimes (though mostly I am a naturally positive person) and do take two antidepressants because I can make the most difference (in a good way ) if I medicate myself to be consistently patient and upbeat. I know you have problems with affording medications (is this still the case?) but, for some of us--they are necessary to meet our potential.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
katydid777, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, unaluna