Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 02, 2018 at 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowinners View Post
When you recognize you are not being pleasant (which does damage relationships)--yes, fake it until you make it if you can. Studies show that what we do, does effect how we feel. For instance, I work in a call center environment and many times they will tell you in training to smile (get a mirror if necessary) because even a forced smile will effect your voice (make it sound more positive). Since more than one place I have worked has told us that--I assume it is based on research. I am not working in a place that sells things but have on a few occasions in the past and there is so much science behind selling things. Fake it until you make it is no magic pill but it does help a person get through rough patches until they figure things out. If you sound confident on the phone--people will sometimes think you are an expert even if you know very little!

I have anxiety and irritibility sometimes (though mostly I am a naturally positive person) and do take two antidepressants because I can make the most difference (in a good way ) if I medicate myself to be consistently patient and upbeat. I know you have problems with affording medications (is this still the case?) but, for some of us--they are necessary to meet our potential.

Medication makes me insane. I cannot tolerate the side effects.

In general I am very cordial on the phone or with sales people. My feeling is other people are just trying to do their job so especially with phone people I am cheerful.

Well, if you are on two antidepressants in order to feel cheerful...I don't think we are talking about the same thing. Anyway, I can't tolerate medication so it is a moot point.

I will rethink the faking it thing. I don't know. Maybe it had some positive influence. But it didn't really make me feel better. I have a very bleak, pessimistic outlook. I feel like the world is going to hell and people don't see it. We have basically destroyed this planet but people still want to pollute the environment, consume, and poison everything.

DechanDawa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous55879, katydid777, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky