View Single Post
fallaximago

Member Since Nov 2018
55 hugs
given
Default Dec 02, 2018 at 12:35 PM

I ended a five year distance friendship with a girl that mainly used me to vent her negative emotions. I couldn't take it anymore. She was basically taking me for some sort of amateur therapist and I couldn't provide that kind of support. I did listen to her, I tried to help on many, many occasions and devoted a lot of time to talking to her. Still, she wouldn't miss an opportunity to attack me or berate me for holding a different opinion. It was painful and difficult but shortly before Christmas I just had to tell her it was all over. It's strange: sometimes I feel like I've lost something important but I'm confident I wouldn't want to go back to that unpleasant situation.

My current friends are... well... Very self-absorbed. Some of them have become snobbish, arrogant and distant. Nobody ever asks how I'm doing. Sometimes, they even ignore my messages on our group chat. I don't know what to do, though, since they're my only friends and I don't handle loneliness well.

As for your friends, I don't know what to tell you. It's clear that you're the one who's disadvantaged in that situation, and I'd say get the heck out of there, but are they your only friends? Can you make new ones? Consider those aspects and, if you want, tell us more.

You can't kill the light nor lose your shadow but in the blackest of night we can lose all this sorrow ("You Were Born To Be My Gallows", Dax Riggs)
fallaximago is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky