View Single Post
TerryL
Poohbah

Member Since Jul 2011
1,308 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 02, 2018 at 12:48 PM

i read an article last night on this rental family trend in japan and a lot of it is about hiring people to act as wedding dates, fake family members to deceive others so i am not crazy about that part but the part, like in conan's bit, where we can hire people to change our personal histories for the better, to have people who should apologize to us, apologize to us, well, if it has lasting effects then that would be great. we wouldn't need therapy anymore! and there is that part about using it to alleviate loneliness. that would be wonderful too. i had thought that paying someone for companionship might not feel genuine but it has worked for people. it is pricey though so not everyone would be able to afford to try this.

i have to add i have been changing my own personal history. i have been giving to myself what i didn't get in childhood and i must say it has been working for me so far. i look in the mirror and pretend i am my mom etc and i say to myself stuff i wanted to hear when i was growing up. it really has been life-changing. and it's free! so if you have a void to fill or fix, give self-parenting a try!
TerryL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky