View Single Post
fallaximago

Member Since Nov 2018
55 hugs
given
Default Dec 02, 2018 at 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DechanDawa View Post
I don't think anyone handles loneliness very well. On the other hand...holding onto toxic situations out of a fear of being alone isn't very good either. Spending time alone can strengthen one's character and confidence and you will attract different sorts of people. I got rid of all toxic frenemies/egomaniacs...and guess what? -- I don't miss them!
Well, there are clearly people who deal with being alone a lot better than others. I think I didn't express myself correctly: loneliness is clearly a bad thing, while being alone doesn't necessarily bring on loneliness. But you get the point.

I agree with your second statement. Nobody should be forced to endure any toxic situations and/or friendships and, in that case, being alone is probably a better option. Still, I can't quite muster the necessary courage to end it all with my friends. That's a weakness of mine. Problem is I don't have much of a chance of developing any new and meaningful friendship where I live since the biggest part of people here are... well, not very interesting, with limited tastes, rude and loud, and I don't like that. My best bet would probably be to find out strategies to deal with being alone in order to make solitude productive and positive, just like you said.

You can't kill the light nor lose your shadow but in the blackest of night we can lose all this sorrow ("You Were Born To Be My Gallows", Dax Riggs)
fallaximago is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky