View Single Post
Waterloo12345

Member Since Sep 2018
250 hugs
given
Default Dec 02, 2018 at 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoxieDoxie View Post
Are you older or younger than him. I am 51 and he is like 34 so it is really awkward for me to feel this way. I know age and gender does not matter in things like this.
Yep agree age/sex not matter as my feelings are actually maternal/primary care giver type. So he should be a woman!

But am 42 he's 50 or 49. If it helps until I clarified it, he was like am married. Am like eeewwwwwww. Also he's my doc not therapist to be clear.

But I've had transference to a number of mentor, caring type figures of both sexes but mostly older male over the years- obvs a huuugeeeee hole to fill as it just latches anywhere

My T is a woman of perhaps 45-50 and I feel negative maternal transference to her! Told her girl me views her a mummy but the prickly non trusting version. In email. Never acknowledged! Well she tries to raise it every so often and I blank her.

But will do something like sit in my 10 yr old pose and that is her cue that am interacting as a child. Also talk to her as if it is that part talking so I guess we talk around it.