Thread: Rent-a-family
View Single Post
Anonymous55989

Default Dec 02, 2018 at 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryL View Post
as for making friends at an older age, i am a senior too and most seniors where i am have family so yes they are not actively looking for friends but i have met people of all ages at work, or who work near me, at the bus stop, all who seemed to be looking for friends. i spent many years being depressed and lost some friends along the way but now that i feel better i am determined to make up for lost time. i am going to try to be more open to making friends. of course it also depends on having similar interests and being compatible, an ageless search for anyone. but all we can do is try. good luck to you!

i forgot to add one thing that has helped me be more open is the fact that i suffered with invisible emotional pain for so many years that i have become more empathetic and i reach out to others more now because who knows what emotional pain someone might be in?
The personality of someone makes a big difference regarding the ease in making new friendships. I have an introverted, withdrawn personality, and so making new friends has never been easy. My age has made it even more difficult, since I'm noticing that less people will initially reach out to me, leaving it up to me to do the reaching out, which I'm not good at. And, for whatever reason, I'm finding that even less people seem interested in getting to know me at my age, which is not too old, but old enough that I've seemed to have crossed into a more isolated world now. Or, maybe it is just something else that has changed about me. I don't really know.

Once I make a friend, I'm very loyal, compassionate, supportive and a good listener. But getting into an actual friendship is the difficult part. I'm not friendless or anything like that, but it would be nice to have more friends. This is my life though. My personality is that of a loner, and I don't see that ever changing, especially now. I am headed into increasing isolation it seems.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, Nadiri, TerryL

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky