Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 02, 2018 at 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallaximago View Post
Well, there are clearly people who deal with being alone a lot better than others. I think I didn't express myself correctly: loneliness is clearly a bad thing, while being alone doesn't necessarily bring on loneliness. But you get the point.

I agree with your second statement. Nobody should be forced to endure any toxic situations and/or friendships and, in that case, being alone is probably a better option. Still, I can't quite muster the necessary courage to end it all with my friends. That's a weakness of mine. Problem is I don't have much of a chance of developing any new and meaningful friendship where I live since the biggest part of people here are... well, not very interesting, with limited tastes, rude and loud, and I don't like that. My best bet would probably be to find out strategies to deal with being alone in order to make solitude productive and positive, just like you said.

Here is another thought. Sometimes the people who aren't very good friends end up leaving us, too. Because they are often narcissistic and crave attention and go out seeking new supply. This has happened to me. I have tried to be a good friend and people just get bored and suddenly vanish.

This thread has interested me. One reason I ended up alone is because I made a decision to be fearless and not hang on to friendships with people who weren't very good friends. One thing I hate is when people gossip about other people. So I dropped a lot of people because of that.

It is hard being alone...whether lonely or not. But I am really hoping it will have its benefits. I am a very loyal and giving friend and I decided I wanted friends who are like that.

I have one friend from childhood who is very loyal...so I know it is possible.

DechanDawa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky